Saturday, September 15, 2018

And So It Begins....

Last Saturday I started another year as a catechist.  This marks something like my thirteenth year and I must say, every year, I learn something more. 

This year's religion class is at St. Catherine of Siena/Newman Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.  I think I heard Father Marcin refer to the catechism class as "Sunday School".  This is a first for me as I have always taught CCE (Congregation for Catholic Education).  Friends here in Salt Lake tell me their experience is to call it CCD (Confraternity of Christian Doctrine).  Whatever the name, this year I am charged with students during their second grade year.  This means First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion.  I am humbled that I was called for this task and hope to live up to what is expected of me from The Church.

Blessings to you.
Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment