Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Running To

 I am not a runner.  I never have been and doctors have given me an emphatic "Don't ever run" speech on more than one occasion.  I am a metaphorical runner though.  Truth, knowledge, and self awareness you can bet I always run toward. In an effort to have a better understanding of who I am, my current quest is to understand how my past has shaped me and continues to do so.  

In the days ahead I will share things that may be known to you and could be new news.  Please, dear reader, be gentle.  I will start my "running toward" or "running to" in smart runner fashion with a warm up.  I am just putting my shoes on now, carefully lacing to assure that I don't trip.  The laces are bound to come untied but I will pull away from the trail, re-tie, and get back to it. 

Memory is not truth, merely a story of the truth.  I must continually remind myself of this as I seek to find truth.  

Have you ever taken one of those Myers-Briggs personality quizzes? I think I have at least twice, and I have always been a data junky.  Perhaps in a parallel life, I am a statistician or researcher.  My personality type according to the Myers-Briggs is INTJ.  Of course there are numerous names of all sorts of "famous" people who are INTJ:  Colin Firth, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Elon Musk, Ronald Reagan, Jane Austen, Jodie Foster and Julia Styles just to name a few.  INTJ is considered "The Mastermind" according to one website.  INTJ stands for Introvert, Intuitive, Thinking and Judging the laughable acronym is "It's Not Thoroughly Justified". According to not just one website, INTJ is often referred to as "The Architect" and can be considered intimidating.  Big sigh here.  Yes, I think that's me.  I am inside my head a lot and it can be perceived as standoffish.  

Given my INTJ propensities, this should be fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment